Classic rhythm section sounds of R&B, Soul, Funk, Jazz and Rock records
Kontakt Player 5
"8/10! The recordings faithfully capture the sounds of their era, making this a flexible, authentic solution for media composers."- Computer Music Magazine
"5/5! You want something vintage and soulful with plenty of character? Check this collection out for sure." - Sounds And Gear
"4/5! Vintage Rhythm Section is a great set of instruments if you’re trying to capture anything with that 60s and 70s flavor or wanting to add a little of that retro sound to your music."- Sample Library Review
Vintage Rhythm Section is a virtual instrument for Kontakt 5 designed to emulate the classic rhythm section sounds of R&B, Soul, Funk, Jazz, and Rock records from the 1960's and 1970's.
Vintage Rhythm Section (VRS) is easy to use, with a simple interface that lets you work quickly and intuitively. If you're producing retro or indie-style music on a budget, or if you're a TV or film composer working on a tight deadline, VRS can be used to create live-sounding drums, bass, guitar, keyboard, and percussion tracks.
CAPTURING THAT VINTAGE RHYTHM SECTION SOUND
Like its sister-products, Vintage Horns and Vintage Strings, Vintage Rhythm Section was not designed to be a shiny, perfect-sounding virtual instrument. Instead, we tried to capture the way rhythm sections sounded back in the 60's and 70's, including some of the minor imperfections that added character to those instruments and made them sound so good.
For VRS, we sampled a large collection of vintage instruments - some amazingly still in mint condition, and others looking every bit as "vintage" as you'd expect a piece of 40-50 year-old gear to look.
Wherever possible, we used the same types of amps and mics that were used in the 60's and 70's. Some of this old gear was pretty funky-sounding, which probably would have disqualified it from being used on most other types of sample libraries. But for VRS, it was just what we were looking for.
VINTAGE RHYTHM SECTION GUIs
VRS features two easy-to-use GUIs:
1) A 12-channel mixer for drums
2) The main GUI, which is used for all of the keyboards, basses, and guitars.
Here's a quick overview of both.
THE DRUM MIXER
• Reverb Select: This is a drop-down menu that allows you to select various types of convolution IRs.
• Channel Strips: Each offers controls for Treble, Bass, Reverb Amount, Pan, and Solo/Mute. Note that not all kits have the same number of toms and cymbals. Instead, each kit was custom-built to fit the musical genre and era it came from.
• Master Channel: Allows you to add tape saturation (SAT) and/or compression (COMP) to the entire kit.
THE MAIN GUI
From top to bottom and left to right, this GUI has the following controls:
- TAPE SAT adds tape-style saturation/compression
• TREBLE adds or cuts high end
• BASS adds or cuts low end
• DISTORTION SWITCH - use this to turn the effect on or off
• DISTORTION adds amp-style distortion
• DELAY controls the amount of tape-style delay
• DELAY SELECT allows you to choose from several types of delay
• ROTATOR SWITCH turs Leslie-style effect on or off
• ROTATOR allows you to select the speed of the Leslie-effect
• REVERB controls the amount of reverb added
• REVERB SELECT allows you to choose from a selection of high-quality Convolution Reverbs designed to replicate a number of vintage amp-reverbs and recording spaces
• MOD-WAH SWITCH turns on your controller's Mod Wheel as a wah-wah pedal
Key-Switches Key-switching is a function that allows the user to quickly change from one articulation to another. If an instrument has any key-switch options, it will have red keys located on the far left of the Kontakt virtual keyboard. Many of the basses and guitars offer key-switched long and short (sustain and staccato) articulations, and some of the keyboards offer different key-switched presets.
- 67 Instrument Patches
- 19 Multi Patches
- Over 16.4 GB of uncompressed WAV data (7.4 Compressed)
Jazz Drums KIts - 60s Soul Jazz Kit - 70s Fusion Kit - Vintage Jazz Brush Kit - Vintage Jazz Stick Kit
Jazz Guitars - Clean Jazz Guitar - Gritty Jazz Guitar
Jazz Keyboards - Rhodes Clean Jazz - Rhodes Fusion Amped - Soul Jazz Hammond B3 - Vintage Jazz Upright Piano - Vintage Jazz Vibes
Jazz Percussion - Soul Jazz Bongos - Soul Jazz Congas
Rock Basses - 60s Hagstrom Rock Bass - 60s Rickenbacker Rock Bass - Psychedelic Fuzz Bass - Surf Rock Bass - Univox Picked Rock Bass
Rock Drum Kits - 60s Surf Rock Kit - 70s Prog Rock Kit - Brit Rock Kit - Classic Rock Kit
Rock Guitars - 12-String Rickenbacker - 68 Les Paul Clean - 68 Les Paul Classic Rock - 70s Fuzz Lead Guitar - Clean Tremolo Surf Guitar - Dirty Tremolo Surf Guitar - Flower Power Guitar - Martin Acoustic Guitar - Psychedelic Electric Sitar - Woodstock Lead Guitar
Rock Keyboards - 60s Farfisa Organ - 60s Vox Continental - Bubblegum Rock Organ - Hammond B3 Organ 01 - Hammond B3 Organ 02 - Hammond B3 Organ 03 - Wurlitzer Amped
Complete List Of Multis
- Brit Rock Rhythm Section 01 - Brit Rock Rhythm Section 02 - Bubblegum Rock Rhythm Section - Classic Rock Rhythm Section - Detroit Soul Ballad Rhythm Section - Detroit Soul Rhythm Section - Funkedelic Rhythm Section - Jazz Fusion Rhythm Section - Jazz Rock Rhythm Section - Oakland Soul Rhythm Section - Philly Soul Rhythm Section - Prog Rock Rhythm Section - Psychedelic Rock Rhythm Section - Psychedelic Soul Rhythm Section - Retro-Disco Rhythm Section - Soul Jazz Rhythm Section - Surf Rock Rhythm Section - Vintage Jazz Ballad Rhythm Section - Vintage Jazz Rhythm Section
Compressed Download Size
Kontakt Player 5/Kontakt 5/Plug-in Download includes
Install Instructions/Product Manual: 5.5MB
Kontakt Player 5 Installers: 1.16 GB
Vintage Rhythm Section Part 1: 2 GB
Vintage Rhythm Section Part 2: 2 GB
Vintage Rhythm Section Part 3: 2 GB
Vintage Rhythm Section Part 4: 1.3 GB
*When ordering the download product from Big Fish Audio you will be given one or more links for each of your download product purchases. The links will be active for 24 hours. During this time you should download the file and expand it. Please keep the archive or zip file as a backup.
The Following End User License Agreement is included with Vintage Rhythm Section. This License is only valid for the individual who has purchased an unopened, new and lawfully made copy of Vintage Rhythm Section from a dealer or distributor authorized by Big Fish Audio.
"The Following End User License Agreement is included with Vintage Rhythm Section. This License is only valid for the individual who has purchased an unopened, new and lawfully made copy of Vintage Rhythm Section from a dealer or distributor authorized by Big Fish Audio.
"End User License Agreement: The samples contained herein are licensed, not sold to you, the individual end user, by Big Fish Audio. This non-exclusive, non-transferable license is granted only to the individual end user who has purchased an unopened, new and lawfully made copy of this product from a dealer or distributor authorized by Big Fish Audio. All samples remain the property of Big Fish Audio and are licensed only for use in the creation of a live or recorded performance that includes the licensed samples as part of a derivative musical work created by the licensed end user. This license expressly forbids resale, rental, loan, gift or transfer of these samples in any format or via any medium, except as part of a derivative musical work. The samples may not be included, whether unmodified or as part of a derivative work, in any sample library product. Any unlicensed usage will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.""