Electric Keys Overview
Electric Keys puts a slice of music history at your fingertips with the most complete collection ever of classic and vintage electric pianos, clavs, organs, strings machines, tape sampler and other electric keyboard instruments.
Electric Keys is a cross-platform virtual instrument that delivers authentic sounds of 50 classic, vintage electric keyboard instruments from the last 40 years. This massive 40GB sound library includes over 20,000 meticulously crafted 24-bit 96 kHz multi-samples of legendary electric pianos, electric organs, clavinets, Wurlitzers, tape samplers, string machines, keyboard basses and other rare and exotic electric keyboard instruments.
Electric Keys version 1.01 is now available as a free, downloadable update for all registered Electric Keys users. This maintenance update has numerous enhancements and is recommended for all users. For complete details, see the PDF documentation included in the 1.01 updater download.
Recreate the popular keyboard sounds and riffs you know so well from your favorite recordings of the last four decades of rock, pop, funk and jazz, or create your own unique style with an intriguing assortment of rare electric keyboard instruments never before offered in a virtual keyboard product - and sure to delight even vintage keyboard devotees.
Electric Keys is beautiful to look at and easy to use on screen. Load, save and combine factory or custom presets. Use the virtual effects rack to combine, apply and save chained multi-effects, including chorus, reverb, delay and more. It’s easy, fast and fun to play and layer professional, authentic electric keyboard sounds.
50 instruments were used to create the sounds in Electric Keys, including:
- Fender Rhodes® Mark I, Mark II, Mark V, Rhodes Bass & Custom
- Yamaha® CP80, CP30, CP10, GS1, GS2, CE20, SS30 and SK20
- Wurlitzer® 200A and Butterfly 270
- Hohner® Clavinet Model C, E7 & D6, Planet M, Electra-piano, Electra Piano, Guitaret, Basset, Bass 2 & 3
- Weltmeister™ Claviset
- Hammond™ B-3, C-3 and M-100
- Korg® CX-3, PE-2000, Polyphonic Ensemble and Lambda
- Philips™ Philicorda
- Elka Organ, Rhapsody
- Vox™ Continental (Italian and English)
- Farfisa® Compact Duo
- Roland® VP-330
- Solina™ String Ensemble
- Eminent 310
- Excelsior™ String Synthesizer
- Crumar™ Performer
- Eko™ Stradivarius
- Siel™ Orchestra
- Hohner/Logan™ String Melody and Piano String Synthesizer
- Mellotron® M400
- Moog® Taurus
- RMI™ Keyboard Computer 2
- Arp® Solina String Synthesizer
System Requirements for Electric Keys
Electric Keys 1.0.1 and later has the following system requirements:
A minimum of 1 GB of RAM is required. However, since Electric Keys loads samples (or a portion of the samples) into the computer's RAM add as much RAM as possible to your computer; 2 GB is recommended.
Large hard drive(s). See below for Mac and Windows specific hard drive requirements.
A free USB port for the iLok USB key. Note that if you have multiple products which use iLoks for authorization you can consolidate multiple authorizations onto a single iLok.
A CD/DVD disk drive for installation.
G4 1 GHz Power Mac or faster, with multiple processors/cores highly recommended; a G5 or Intel Mac is recommended
Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, or v10.6; Electric Keys 1.0.2 or later requires Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later.
Hard drive(s) with at least 42 GB free to hold the sound files, plug-in, and application. The drive(s) must be formatted as Mac OS Extended (also known as HFS+); journalling can be on or off.
An audio sequencer software package that hosts MAS, AU, VST, or RTAS instrument plug-ins. As Electric Keys has 34 outputs (stereo main outs + 16 stereo aux outputs), the host needs to support instruments with greater than 32 outputs. Alternatively, Electric Keys can be used as a standalone application.
Pentium 4 1 GHz or faster (or AMD equivalent), with multiple processors or multiple cores highly recommended
Windows 7, Vista, or XP. For native 64-bit support, a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows Vista is required.
Hard drive(s) with at least 42 GB free to hold the sound files, plug-in, and application. The drive(s) must be formatted as NTFS.
An audio sequencer package that hosts VST or RTAS instrument plug-ins. As Electric Keys has 34 outputs (stereo main outs + 16 stereo aux outputs), the host needs to support instruments with greater than 32 outputs. Alternatively, Electric Keys can be used as a standalone application.
- Massive 40GB electric keyboard sound library with over 20,000 samples
- Comprehensive collection of 50 classic, rare and exotic electric keyboards from the last 40 years
- Includes electric pianos, electric organs, clavs, tape samplers, string machines and other models
- Includes both classic instruments heard on countless hit recordings and rare instruments never before offered in sampled form
- 11 instrument categories with easy operation and beatifully rendered, authentic look and feel
- Nearly all instruments sampled at 24-bit 96kHz resolution
- Authentic multi-samples carefully crafted and customized for each instrument
- Virtual effects rack — separate multi-FX presets allow thousands of FX/instrument combinations
- Individual effect include Delay, Reverb, Filter, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Vinyl simulator, and Amp simulator.
- Provides dozens of factory presets, or create, save, and recall your own for unlimited textures
- Combis - save complex variations of the factory presets, choose from hundreds of included combis, or create, save, load and share your own for unlimited layering possibilities
- Individual controls for each instrument, including ADSR envelope, LFO (for tremolo and auto-pan), tone controls, tuning and velocity response
- Superb sound quality with the 32-bit UVI Engine
- Disk streaming for fast preset loading
- 256-note polyphony & ultra-low software latency
- Two sound slots to create layers and splits in seconds
- MIDI Learn for all controls for hands-on operation
- MachFive 2 compatible for unified operation - library loads directly into MachFive for consolidated project management
- Plug-in formats: MAS, AU, RTAS, VST, DXi
- Standalone applicationOperating Systems
Mac OS X - 10.4 or higher
Windows - XP or Vista, 32 or 64 bit
The Following End User License Agreement is included with Electric Keys. This License is only valid for the individual who has purchased an unopened, new and lawfully made copy of Electric Keys from a dealer or distributor authorized by Big Fish Audio.
"1. License Grant. USB grants to you, subject to the following terms and conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use each authorized copy of the enclosed product. The enclosed product is the property of USB and is licensed to you only for use as part of a musical performance. This license expressly forbids resale or other distribution of these Sounds or their derivatives, either as they exist on disc, reformatted for use in another digital sampler, or mixed, combined, filtered, re-synthesized or otherwise edited, for use as sounds, samples, multi samples, wavetables, programs or patches in a sampler, microchip or any hardware or software sample playback device. You cannot sell them or give them away for use by other in their sampling or sample playback devices.
2. Protection of Software. You agree to take all reasonable steps to protect this product and any accompanying documentation from unauthorized copying or use. You agree not to modify the enclosed product to circumvent any method or means adopted or implemented by USB to protect against or discourage the unlicensed use of copying of the enclosed product.
3. Ownership. As between you and USB, ownership of, and title to, the enclosed digitally recorded sounds (including any copies) will be held by USB. Copies are provided to you only to enable you to exercise your rights under the license. Only this license is purchased by you.
4. Term. This Agreement is effective from the date you open this package, and will remain in full force until termination. This Agreement will terminate if you break any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination you agree to destroy and return to USB all copies of this product and accompanying documentation.
5. Restriction. Except as expressly authorized in this Agreement, you may not rent, sell, lease, sublicense, distribute, transfer, copy, reproduce, display, modify or time share the enclosed product or documentation."