Sonicsmiths present a new tool for composers and sound designers. Based in the Native Instrument’s Kontakt engine, The Foundry is a sound design creation tool, drawing from over 18,000 samples, 19+ GB of sample content (12+ GB compressed), and trillions of ways to manipulate and combine the sounds. Never settle for presets again; The Foundry creates original patches using the groundbreaking AARE algorithm.
AARE – Adjective Assignable Randomizer Engine
Instead of having to search through thousands of presets for a specific sound, we have designed a randomizing engine that creates a new patch for you based on simple adjectives. For example, if you want a Dark, Pulsing, Mysterious sound, select these adjectives, press a randomizing button, and The Foundry will generate new patches based on the parameters you select.
3-Mode Step Sequencer
Rhythmics and FX sound sets can create unique and quickly-designable rhythms, or, along with tonal beds/textures, can create amazing lead lines and creative chordal patterns.
4-Way Morphing Engine
You can load up to four different “core” sounds into The Foundry. Each of these sounds has independent processing, manipulation, and can be morphed via the X-Y Pad Designer, key range, velocity, or CC.
Use the X-Y Pad Designer to create, save, and sync playback to your own modulatable pathways.
The Foundry has 4 different groups to select from: Beds and Pads (tonal sustained layers), Textures (atonal, moving material), FX (single one-shot hits, FX, and short articulated instruments), and Rhythmics (sonic “kits”). These groups range from Non-pitched to Pitched, and Simple to Complex.
• Template Mode: Make any sound Pulse, create Drops/Rises, or instantly put The Foundry into other modes such as Long Release, Hard Attack, etc.
• Body Designer: With over sixty different body types, you can manipulate each of the “core” sounds by sending them through different material types, such as tubes, bricks, glass, dog bodies, and more!
• 6 modulators assignable to Filters, Pitch, Amplitude, and Surround Panning allow for a wide range of stuttering, pulsing, frequency modulation, and many standard synthesis techniques.
• Graining Synthesis: You can take most of the patches in the library and add the granular synthesis effect, with stretching, panning, and many other ways of manipulating the sound.
• Surround Mode: Set all four sounds to go out different channels, as well as pan in surround.
• Unique reverb selections: including Swaps, Churches, Studios, etc.
• Fully adjustable Filters, Distortion, Compressors, Delays, Panning Rotators, Surround Routing Abilities, and many more creative tools.
The Foundry is a third-party library, based in Native Instruments' Kontakt Engine. In general, whatever is listed on NI’s Kontakt website for the current version will be the machine requirements for The Foundry. We can give recommendations, but are ultimately bound by the system requirements of Kontakt Player Engine. We highly recommend running the Foundry on a computer with SSD drives for optimal performance.
13.2 GB free hard drive space, 7200-RPM ~1.5GB free RAM (4GB total) (average patch range is between 50-500 MB) Kontakt Player (free) v5.4.1+ (v5.3.1 is available by request through Big Fish Audio) Kontakt Compatible Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Cubase, Protools, Logic, Digital Performer, (etc.) In Stand-alone: External Audio Card such as RME/UAD/Focusrite (etc.)
MAC (OSX) OSX 10.8+ (Mountain Lion) Mac Pro 2010 six-core or higher iMac/Macbook i5 – 2013 or higher
PC (WIN) Windows 7/8 (not tested yet for Windows 10) 3rd Generation Intel i5/7 processors (3xxx series) OR AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor
13.2 GB free hard drive space, SSD Mac Pro – 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor (ie Trash Can) PC – 5th Generation Intel i7 (5xxx series) chipset OR AMD A10-Series
Compressed Download Size
Kontakt Player 5/Plug-in Download includes
Installation Instructions: 355.97 MB
The Foundry Part 1: 2 GB
The Foundry Part 2: 2 GB
The Foundry Part 3: 2 GB
The Foundry Part 4: 2 GB
The Foundry Part 5: 2 GB
The Foundry Part 6: 2 GB
The Foundry Part 7: 1.68 GB
*When ordering the download product from Big Fish Audio you will be given one or more links for each of your download product purchases. The links will be active for 24 hours. During this time you should download the file and expand it. Please keep the archive or zip file as a backup.
The Following End User License Agreement is included with Foundry, The. This License is only valid for the individual who has purchased an unopened, new and lawfully made copy of Foundry, The from a dealer or distributor authorized by Big Fish Audio.
"SONICSMITHS’ COMPANY END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Read this software license agreement (“License”) carefully before using any Sonicsmiths (“Company") software products, sounds, material or instruments (the "Product”). By using the Product, you are agreeing to the terms of this License. If you do not agree to the terms of this license, you cannot use the Product, or any related license codes or material contained within it, digital or physical, and any material downloaded in relation to the Product must be deleted and all license codes returned, unused to the company.
The Product and any third party software, content, and documentation accompanying this License, whether on disk, web-platforms, or accessed remotely through the internet, in read-only memory, on any other media or in any other form, are licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms of this License. Company reserves all rights not expressly licensed to you.
1. You may use the Product, or any part of it, in any composed musical or other sonic production, for both personal and business/commercial purposes, except as described in terms 2 and 3.
2. You may not use the Product, or any sound or element contained therein, as part of, or to create a sample-based library or other sound library for sale, license, or other exploitation to any other individual or party, in any media, format or platform. A single sound cannot be sold, used or licensed as a composition or sound design element by itself as part of a music or sound library or catalog, or as a single stand alone piece of musical material for a given project or audio-visual work.
3. You may not transfer, rent, lease, lend, sell, or sublicense the Product. You may not repackage, resell, or redistribute any of the content of the Product in any form. The Product may not be distributed by any method or device other than by Company or an authorized Company dealer. All components of the Product are provided as a bundle and may not be separated from the bundle or distributed as stand-alone applications.
4. You may install this Product on up to two computers or sampler/server platforms (such as a Vienna Ensemble Pro) provided these devices are solely owned and used by you. The product can exist simultaneously on both devices and be used at the same time. Any additional licenses required must be purchased from the Company or otherwise granted by the Company in writing.
5. The Product may be used to reproduce materials and is limited to reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce. The company cannot be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is a result of any user's creation of copyrighted materials that incorporates the Product.
6. You may not and you agree not to, or to enable others to, copy (except as expressly permitted by this License), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, modify, or create derivative works of the Product or any services provided by the Product, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law). Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of Company and its licensors of the Product.
You agree that Company and its subsidiaries may collect and use technical and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your IP address, computer, system, and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Product, and to verify compliance with the terms of this License. The Company and its subsidiaries will not sell or publicly use any information gathered, other than in improving software and user experience, or enforcing this agreement.
This License is effective until terminated. Your rights under this License will automatically terminate without notice from Company if you fail to comply with any terms of this License. Upon the termination of this License, you shall cease all use of the Product and delete all data on all machines or devices and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Product.
Limitation of Liability:
You acknowledge that this Product is sold “as-is” with all of its faults and strengths. Use of the Product is at your sole risk and you acknowledge and agree that the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with you. Due to the licensed nature of the Product, refunds cannot be granted by the Company, and fall under the policies of any subsidiary companies distributing the Product.
To the extent not prohibited by law, in no event shall Company be liable for personal injury, or any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, loss of data, business interruption or any other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or related to your use or inability to use the Product, however caused, regardless of the theory of liability (contract, tort, or otherwise) and even if Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability for personal injury, or of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you. In no event shall Company’ total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Any international trade taxes are automatically added to your purchase cost by the retail system. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Product except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Product was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Product may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any US-embargoed countries or (b) to anyone in the US Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the US Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Product, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use the Product for any purposes prohibited by US law.
This License will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely in California between California residents. Any dispute between the parties hereto respecting this agreement shall be brought and maintained exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles, County, California, and the parties hereto hereby agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of said courts. This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect.
This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Product licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by Company. Any translation of this License is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English versions, the English version of this License shall govern.
By signing [clicking "DOWNLOAD"] you hereby represent and warrant that you have read and understood the foregoing and agree to the terms of this license agreement. If signing on behalf of partnership, company, LLC, corporation, or other business entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to sign this agreement and bind the entity to this agreement.